Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Raid

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by Raid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:21 pm

I think my biggest takeaway is that I shouldn't dash in to get you back on your feet without first securing the area. Coming straight from Gears co-op, where a downed partner can be killed almost immediately, I don't think there's quite as much urgency in this. That convoy blunder probably could have been saved as I'd managed to jump out of the chopper prior to the engagement starting, and I don't think they knew where I was (all of my weapons were still silenced) until I ran in to heal the two of you.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:44 pm

Having an absolute blast with this on what will now be, I think, my sixth playthrough (207 hours co-op logged, 47h solo, 12,500 enemies killed and 4.5 million metres travelled in vehicles).

God I love this game - as a co-op experience it rewards and amuses in equal measure. Still space for a fourth ghost on the squad if anyone wants to join us (PC)?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother

Post by Animalmother » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm

I love how you can wipe out several times the population of the island in this :lol:

Any of the new content get added yet?

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am

What new content Animal? We are all discussing Wildlands rather than Breakpoint :D

What I have seen from Breakpoint in the little I have played is that in addition to giving an option to remove the daft gearscore that they imported from The Division, they have also given options to remove a lot of the drones (so basically making it play more like Wildlands). Also, there are options to play a set of missions where Terminators are a thing within the game, plus another version of the island where some kind of gas has been used that you need a mask to explore.

Seems quite a lot there, I will get to it at some point, the only shame is that Breakpoint is so completely soulless. I don't know what it is, but it lacks the character of Wildlands.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother

Post by Animalmother » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:54 pm

Forgot you where playing Wildlands.

Yeah I've played the Terminator stuff and the free bits of the others. I think there's other stuff being added shortly but it might just be Tomb Raider fluff. I'm tempted to reinstall either Wildlands or Breakpoint to see how it runs on new console.

I agree with you on how void of character Breakpoint seems to be compared to the previous game, it's all a bit bland and empty. Still a good game though.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:29 pm

I find myself dipping into it and it is enjoyable enough in itself.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018